Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Attention Mayo Clinic Employee Administration/ Human Resources
Dated February 13,2006

From: Baidwatie Rita Lecoin


To Whom It May Concern,

My name is Baidwatie Rita Lecoin. I have been a patient at Mayo Clinic since May of 2004. Previous to my coming to the clinic, I have had many traumatic experiences at many of the “top” Illinois hospitals. I am writing this letter to express gratitude to all of the excellent physicians and employees who have greatly contributed to my healing and recovery.
In 2005 I participated in the “Stories of The Heart Program”. I was honored to speak to all of the Mayo and St. Mary’s employees to show them that they were the reason why I was still alive and recovering. I was invited by Dr. Sharonne Hayes and Nurse Practitioner Dalene Bott-Kitslaar. Dr. Sharonne and Dalene were instrumental in helping my heart get better. My ejection fraction was first 15% when I came to Mayo and now it is a normal 65% ! Their efforts made it possible for me to be placed on the kidney transplant list. Her secretary Bonnie was always very welcoming in all of my visits to Mayo. At the “Stories of The Heart” I met two fantastic employees that really made me feel like family. Charlene Tri and Cathy Atwel pushed me around in my wheelchair and catered to my every need. They ran and conducted the program in such an outstanding manner, I felt privileged to take part in the event with them at my side.
They are an excellent asset to your cardiovascular team. Doug Parks , Dr. Phil ( host), Dr. David Hayes ( moderator), Phil McAteer and Traci Klein in communications were also very caring and did a magnificent job in the program.
As you read on in this letter you will see so many more people I wish to thank. I am asking that no one go unnoticed. I want to preframe you that I am not just writing down all of the names of the people who took care of me. Rather I am noting the genuine exceptional care given by all of the individuals named in this letter. Each person that I am about to list has gone above and beyond the call of their duty. They took every measure to execute the highest care I have ever seen in my entire life. I worked in healthcare as a certified nurses aid/ phlebotomist for over 25 years. I have seen many healthcare employees and physicians. All of the people named in this letter are simply the best.
They are an asset to your clinic. Through their efforts, they have enhanced the quality of my life and I am sure of many, many others who have met them.
I feel truly blessed to have met each of these individuals. I will never forget them.
They will always be held in my highest regard.

Eisenberg Nephrology:
Dr. Amy Williams
Charlene ( secretary)
Thank You for always taking the time to hear my concerns, for riding through my tests with me, and for explaining matters about my renal health so well.

Cardiovascular:
Dr. Raymond Shields
Thank You for saving my life.!

Page Two Continued

Vascular Radiology
Patty Engel RN/PE
Thank You for making me feel at ease and doing my test so well.


During my 7-week stay for kidney transplant as of 12/13/05

Kidney Transplant Surgeon
Dr. Mikel Prieto
Thank You for saving my life !

Intensive Care Unit Nurses
Jessica Stanley RN 12/14 nights
Heather Hoke RN, 12/14 days
Jean Wiersgalla – cath team
Katie Truman, RN - 12/14 days

Thank you for your timely care and attention to detail.

Infusion Therapy Center
Richard Allen RN
Ed Gick RN
Sheila Rudolph RN
Ruth Seaquist RN
Dr. Rick Nishimara

You went above and beyond the call of duty with my temp-cath care and iv treatments.
Thank you for making me feel like you were taking care of a cherished family member. This was more than I could ever hope for. Every day I met a warm wonderful face with kind supportive words. You made me feel so at ease with my treatments and care. Thank You !

ALL OF CHARLTON DESK LA BLOOD DRAW
I am a difficult stick. Every morning, You always got it right the first time and I never felt any pain. Thank you !

Kidney Tranplant Doctors Charlton Desk 10A
Dr. Timothy Larsen M.D.
Dr. Patrick Dean M.D
Dr. Burcin Tanser M.D.
Dr. Doerr
Thank You for saving my life ! Thank you for treating me so well as a patient during my emergency issues at Rochester Methodist Transplant 10-2.
Dr. Amer Hatem
Thank you for your going out of your way to lend an extra helping hand to me and for your prompt follow though with my results.
Dr. Gregory Merten
Thank you for taking the time and attention to answer my questions and concerns
thank you for your prompt follow through and care.
Dr. Latonya Hickson
Thank you for your meticulous evaluations and insightful appointments. A pleasure to have you partcipate in my care.

Physician Assistants
K. Francois, PA
T. Fettes, PA

Thank you for all of your time and hard work during my recovery.

Transplant Nurse Coordinators
Charise Bauer RN, BAN
Deb Dicke-Henslen RN,BSN
Norma Sherwood RN,BSN

Thank You for always taking the time to speak to me and comfort me. You are all genuinely sweet and caring nurses.

All 10-2 Nurses involved in my patient care.
Thank you for helping me through my recovery. I genuinely appreciate all of you
Who assisted me during my stay 12/13 – 12/23 ( and most recently in February 2006). I was not able to get all of your names. For those who took care of me and I did not get your name, I am sorry.
These were the names that I could remember during my care and recovery. All of the nurses treated me very well and made me feel like I was being well taken care of. I was so weak and sick and all of you took care of me and did not hesitate to go the extra mile to help me.

Sarah Leisseter
Leah Haehn
Stacey Hecker
Jan Clark
Alexandra Amick
Lora Swank
Kaye Lindberg
Marylin
Tracey
Jasmin

. The story of my health challenges and recovery is in the makings for a case study book. My daughter is currently working with a publisher to get the publication ready for print and distribution. It has been a long and winding road. Mayo Clinic has been the destination of well being for all of my health concerns. Every individual that I meet who is ill or well I tell them to come to Mayo clinic. You will be treated like royalty.

With Eternal Gratitude,


Ms. Baidwatie Rita Lecoin

No comments: